How do you get a Title to the Car when......

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by piperspost, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. piperspost

    piperspost Guest

    How can you get a title to a car that your Ex-wife has abannoned in your
    driveway but refuses to get the car or sign over power of Atty so I can
    become the owner. I feel that I have crossed every bridge w/this & Imay
    have to lose a car that runs GREAT & was repaired by me last yr..any &
    all suggestions would be helpful
    piperspost, Apr 27, 2006
  2. piperspost

    Doug McCrary Guest

    stating the location of your driveway and how, exactly, the title is held now
    might help . . .
    Doug McCrary, Apr 27, 2006
  3. How many times will you ask this question?

    Is this car STILL sitting in your driveway?

    You're pathetic. Here it is months later, and you're still asking a
    freaking newsgroup--AGAIN--about something you should be discussing with
    a lawyer at this point?
    Elmo P. Shagnasty, Apr 27, 2006
  4. piperspost

    Brian Smith Guest

    I was thinking the same thing. In fact he should have asked a lawyer in the
    first place.
    Brian Smith, Apr 27, 2006
  5. piperspost

    piperspost Guest

    I did hire an ATTY back in Feb. I found out that if the car is tagged &
    towed she would have her license & regerstration suspended indefinitly.
    She has not returned any phone calls or letters back to my ATTY, so she
    is totally blowing the whole thing off.
    Basically she does not care what happens..
    piperspost, Apr 28, 2006
  6. piperspost

    Seth Guest

    So then have the damn thing towed.

    Or send her a registered letter stating she has 5 business days to remove
    the vehicle or you will charge her storage fee of $50 a day. When it's up
    to a few hundred $$$, apply for a lien on the vehicle. After you have that,
    send her a registered letter informing her of the lien as a result to
    collect a debt. Now you have a legal reason for the state to issue a title
    in your name, so you can sell it to settle the debt.
    Seth, Apr 28, 2006
  7. piperspost

    DAB Guest

    so have it's just a car.
    DAB, Apr 28, 2006
  8. piperspost

    Brian Smith Guest

    So have it removed from your property. If she isn't concerned, why are you?
    Brian Smith, Apr 28, 2006
  9. piperspost

    G-Man Guest

    Boy, you must have REALLY pissed her off!

    G-Man, Apr 28, 2006
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.