Help....How to Register car without a title

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by piperspost, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. piperspost

    piperspost Guest

    I have a 1993 Honda Civic that my wife left me here in FLA & agreed to
    send me the duplicate title so I can register the car in my name. She
    has not been able to get back to me, is there anyway that I can save the
    car & register it without her consent?????
    piperspost, Feb 14, 2006
  2. piperspost

    gfretwell Guest

    Not unless you know a crooked notary.

    Why not just drive the wheels off it on her tags?
    gfretwell, Feb 16, 2006
  3. piperspost

    TeGGeR® Guest

    ....and leave it parked in a fire route for a week or so.

    Isn't marital discord grand? So many opportunities for vengeance.
    TeGGeR®, Feb 16, 2006
  4. I see that you still haven't solved your problem. Well, like I said in
    my reply when you last asked about this, there are ways but they all
    involve you signing documents in which you attest to things are are not
    true. Two examples are: it was given to you and the original owner is
    deceased, the vehicle was abandoned on your property and you don't know
    who the owner is/cannot locate the owner. This can also be done if you
    are friendly with an auto recycler/junkyard--they have their own
    procedures for dealing with abandoned/junked/"wrecked" vehicles that
    they "acquire" and eventually retitle in order to sell.
    Kenneth J. Harris, Feb 17, 2006
  5. piperspost

    gfretwell Guest

    Part it out
    gfretwell, Feb 17, 2006
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.