CR-V road noise

Discussion in 'CR-V' started by R.W. Behan, Dec 6, 2003.

1. R.W. Behan

R.W. Behan Guest

Anyone know of a way to insulate a CR-V to reduce road noise? Will undercoating help enough to warrant the cost? Earplugs? Thanks for any suggestions. Dick

R.W. Behan, Dec 6, 2003
  2. R.W. Behan

Dick Watson Guest

You might consider different tires. Some are noisier than others.

Anyone know of a way to insulate a CR-V to reduce road noise? Will
    undercoating help enough to warrant the cost? Earplugs? Thanks for any
    suggestions. Dick

Dick Watson, Dec 6, 2003
  3. R.W. Behan

R.W. Behan Guest

Hey, yeah, that's a thought. Thanks, Dick

R.W. Behan, Dec 6, 2003
  4. ---------------------

Dick,

The CRV without a roof rack is a bit quieter, but tires are number one
    source of noise, for sure. Undercoat would be nice to try, although I
    think the manual says not to do it.

'Curly'

-------------------

'Curly Q. Links', Dec 6, 2003
  5. Anyone know of a way to insulate a CR-V to reduce road noise? Will
    I have a 1997 CRV that I put 114,000 miles on. It is on its third set of
    tires. As much as I love Michelin tires - recently I replaced the
    Michelins with a set of Bridgestone Turanzo Tires on it and it is
    noticeably quieter.

I got the tires and a nice set of alloy wheels on ebay - where some kid
    just took them off a brand new 2004 Accord. Wheels and tires for $400!
    Hond dealer told me they cost $2500! Check on ebay.

Harry Everhart, Dec 6, 2003
  6. I have a 98 CR-V and had the dealer under coat it when purchased. I did this because I live in Nebraska where roads are salted regularly in the winter. I did notice that my CR-V was quiter than the ones I had road tested, and road noise has never been a noticeable problem when I drive It. I have had no mechanical problems with it because I had it undercoated.
    Hope this helps
    Mike
    Anyone know of a way to insulate a CR-V to reduce road noise? Will undercoating help enough to warrant the cost? Earplugs? Thanks for any suggestions. Dick

Michael Simon, Dec 6, 2003
  7. R.W. Behan

Brian Smith Guest

Anyone know of a way to insulate a CR-V to reduce road noise? Will
    undercoating help enough to warrant the cost? Earplugs? Thanks for any
    suggestions. Dick

Roll the windows up? I had to say it <g>.

There's a spray on material that will help deaden sound, but, I can't think
    of it's name right at this moment.

Brian Smith, Dec 6, 2003
  8. I let undercoat my new 2003 CR-V allready before it's first wintertime because of salting of roads here in Finland. All surfaces and balks under windows was coated. And now with coating and then as well with low noisy Continental winter tires CV-R is a lot quieter than after dealer.
    Ari
    "Michael Simon" <> kirjoitti viestissä I have a 98 CR-V and had the dealer under coat it when purchased. I did this because I live in Nebraska where roads are salted regularly in the winter. I did notice that my CR-V was quiter than the ones I had road tested, and road noise has never been a noticeable problem when I drive It. I have had no mechanical problems with it because I had it undercoated.
    Hope this helps
    Mike

Ari Seppänen, Dec 7, 2003
  9. R.W. Behan

R.W. Behan Guest

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions and experiences. Maybe I can get my CR-V to <whisper>. Cheers.

R.W. Behan, Dec 7, 2003
  10. R.W. Behan

tflfb Guest

Turn up the radio.

Tom

tflfb, Dec 7, 2003
  11. R.W. Behan

guy #1 Guest

http://www.b-quiet.com/vcomp.html craps expensive, but it is amazing stuff. I put a layer of brown bread on whole interior, and Vcomp on the floors and firewall. And my accord is unbelievably quiet.
    Thanks everyone, for your suggestions and experiences. Maybe I can get my CR-V to <whisper>. Cheers.

guy #1, Dec 7, 2003
  12. R.W. Behan

R.W. Behan Guest

Hey, Guy. That stuff looks great. Never would have found it if you hadn't suggested the stuff and provided the weblink. <thanks> (that's whispered!)
    http://www.b-quiet.com/vcomp.html craps expensive, but it is amazing stuff. I put a layer of brown bread on whole interior, and Vcomp on the floors and firewall. And my accord is unbelievably quiet.

R.W. Behan, Dec 8, 2003
  13. Greetings;

I replaced the factory tires on my 2002 CR-V with Michelin HydroEdges and found the road noise significantly lessened. Still not as quite as a 2002 Camry, but conversation with people in the back seat is now easier.

Bill

Andrea & Bill Lee, Dec 9, 2003
Ask a Question