Bashed Door - What Should I expect To Pay For Repair?

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Lee, May 24, 2004.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hi folks,

    I can't imagine how it happened, but when I came back to my Civic in the
    parking lot after doing some grocery shopping yesterday, I found two
    *slight* bumps on my driver's side door. The paint wasn't scratched or
    anything - it looks like somebody's kicked it or something. Anyway, they
    aren't that noticeable looking straight on, but as the car is quite new
    and still shiny, it sticks out like a sore thumb in bright sunlight and
    from certain angles.

    Can anyone tell me the best way to have it repaired i.e. should it be
    beaten back into shape, or can I use one of those suction-type things?
    What should I expect to pay to have it fixed?

    Thanks in advance!

    - Best regards,
    Lee, May 24, 2004
  2. Lee

    Larry Guest

    I'd call the Dent Doctor or a similar type entity that charges "by the
    panel" as that is most cost effective.
    Larry, May 24, 2004
  3. Lee

    M Gazer Guest

    if they aren't too deep, try an old-fashioned toilet plunger (the one with
    the rubber cirlce on the end), wet the bottom of it, place over the dent and
    quickly plunge in and out...

    I know that this sounds strange but I successfully removed several
    depressions on my car this way...doesn't work if the dents are near panel
    edges of door guards.
    M Gazer, May 24, 2004
  4. Lee

    tflfb Guest

    The way to go is the Dent Wizzard, or they go by similiar names, don't do
    the plunger fix.

    Price depends on size, usually about $35 a ding.

    tflfb, May 24, 2004
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.