95 del sol problems

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by solmodifier, May 31, 2006.

1. solmodifier

solmodifier Guest

recently i've been having some problems with my del sol. at low rpm's the car is sputtering, to me it feels and sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. I will be driving along fine and then i shift, or i have to go slower, so my rpms go down, and it like chokes, almost stalling out. If i downshift and get into higher rpm it doesn't happen. Also, there is a strong pure gas smell, which i can smell from inside my car the strongest. I figured it would have something to do with the fuel, so i changed the fuel filter, and that didn't help. Today i'm going to change the plug, wires, and air filter. i do regular oil chages (at least once every 3,000 miles), and up to this, i have had no other major mechical difficulties. Any feedback would be outstanding, i'm new to the whole fixing your whole car thing, so i could be going about this completely wrong. Thanks for all your help

solmodifier, May 31, 2006
  2. solmodifier

Elle Guest

How many miles on this car? How has it been maintained in
    the past?

Try all the under-the-hood tips at
    http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id11.html . Start
    with the least expensive.

Elle, Jun 1, 2006
Ask a Question