5th Gen Prelude Not starting

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by styrafome, May 14, 2020.

1. styrafome

styrafome New Member

My 5th gen base (99) prelude isn't starting. There is a brand new alternator, and fully charged battery. I bought a remanuf starter from Advanced Auto Parts because I thought the starter was the issue, but it was not. When the key is inserted, the power is there, but when attempting to start, there is a click, and that's it. Before replacing the starter, it was as if the battery died completely when attempting to start(although it didn't. i just had to disconnect the battery and reconnect). After replacing the starter, that does not happen, instead the beeping that lets you know your key is still in the car goes off.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed a wire coming from the transmission that is not connected (img 3). I do not know for sure this is the problem with not starting but I thought I'd bring it up.
    img1.jpeg img2.jpeg img3.jpeg img4.jpeg img5.jpeg

yes, i know its very dirty. I tried cleaning it to get more clear pictures

Info that MIGHT be useful:

Was automatic, but previous owner changed to manual
    There was rain a couple of days ago and I left the hood open. but the battery was not in the car at all.I did let the car "dry out" for 3 days with the hood open and in direct sunlight before attempting anything

styrafome, May 14, 2020
Ask a Question